Saturday, July 13, 2013

Muse

For a few years now, Gwen has been my muse for photography, but lately she's making me miss drawing and painting. There are so many photos that I love of her and I finally need to turn them into art - the kind I haven't done for darn near a decade by now. I want to sit and sketch a picture, with one of the photos I took today as the inspiration. I guess I'm writing this before actually doing it to hold myself accountable. There's been a lot of things I've intended to do over the years. Didn't do quite a few of them. So this will be different. I'm going to sit down with my pad of paper and bundle of H and B pencils (not sure I remember which are my favorite anymore). I'm hoping it will all come back to me. As much as I used to love doing art, it would truly be a shame if I let the gift slip away.

With G as my muse, I will do art again. I plan to post the work sometime soon. In the meantime, I must narrow down the photo to re-create...

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment